Kreacher's Onion Soup

Kreacher is the house elf of the Blacks, a wizarding family in the Harry Potter series and is later left to Harry himself. Kreacher originally despises Harry and his friends, but his hateful feelings are resolved by the end of the series. One of Kreacher's roles as a house elf is cooking. In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Kreacher makes his onion soup which Harry notes how great it is. Now my food blog is mainly directed towards creations based on film, however Kreacher's soup is not really all that portrayed in the film, but is a key element in the book. The soup was a sign of friendship between Kreacher and Harry. It signified the tension melting and the bond between the two forming. So seeing how the soup is famous among Potter fans I have chosen it to be the focus of today's post. The recipe used was from the Harry Potter section of  In Literature  with very few variations. I did add some garlic salt, being my favorite seasoning. I also cooked the onions for less time then specified to keep the onions a little more crisper. I was very pleased for the turn out. 

Comments